Friday, July 18, 2008

Chicken Parmesan with Rotini

I've really learned to enjoy cooking, especially when it turns out yummy! BUT, it's really hard to get creative and find something new to cook everyday, I think that's the most challenging part of cooking actually. So I thought I would start sharing any recipes I've tried and really enjoyed on here for anyone else that might like to try it. Maybe I'll get some in return!

I made this last night and though I didn't really get to thoroughly enjoy it (the whole wisdom tooth ordeal), Mike said it was really good. I just took a bite and it wasn't so bad! I got this from Kraft Foods and the best part is that it was EASY and I already had all the ingredients at home!

And being the silly girl that I am, saw that it said RITZ crackers but visualized Saltine Crackers and used those instead. It was still YUMMY!



Chicken Parmesan with Rotini

Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:30 min
Makes:4 servings

3 cups whole wheat rotini pasta
10 RITZ Reduced Fat Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
3 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 egg white
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
2 cups tomato-basil spaghetti sauce, divided
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese

COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package. Meanwhile, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oregano in pie plate. Lightly beat egg white in separate pie plate. Dip chicken in egg white, then roll in crumb mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.

SPRAY large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until cooked through (165ºF). Spoon 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce over chicken; top with mozzarella cheese. Cover skillet with lid. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 min. or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.

MEANWHILE, drain pasta; return to pan. Add remaining 1 cup spaghetti sauce; toss to coat. Cook on medium heat 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon onto serving plates; top with the chicken.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

i should really cook more ...