Friday, August 8, 2008

The Continuing Ring Saga and More Knitting

SO. *pulling hair out* Zales would do nothing to help me out except to tell me that my only option would be to mail the ring back WITH my engagement ring. Umm excuse me?? ??? I don't freakin think so! If they lost my engagement ring, insured or not, they're not going to pay me the full value in place of it! Plus I have no guarantee they won't do something fishy with the diamond and switch it out or something. You guys have heard the horror stories.

So today I went to the local jeweler that I trust and he told me that it would cost $130 to fix it!! He also told me that the saudering (how the heck do you spell that?? It keeps saying it's wrong but I can't find it in the dictionary) job was absolutely terrible! Which I pretty much knew. You'll be able to see it in the pictures. Anyway, seriously $130 to fix it??? You've got to be kidding me. So I took it to the other jeweler and they told me $165! $165 to fix a bad resizing job! That's absolutely insane. At least it is in my book. Pretty sure if we weren't in Elko I'd have many more options with a lot more competition which would lead to much better competitive prices. Insanity.

Right now my options are to fork out the money (which is ridiculous) and fix it locally or send it back without the engagement ring and keep playing a guessing game until they get it right. OR I could wait until we went back next except that the goldsmith isn't even in the store. And no matter what the decision, I only have 30 days to test it out and return it if it turns out that I'm allergic to this one too. And we've already wasted a week. AHHHHH. Anyone have any suggestions?

Those are the two bands that they shortened so my band doesn't fit in. Look at what an awful job they did!




This is just an update on my knitting project and another picture of mommy's (ornery) little helper :-)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with your knitting because Dolce does a better job than I do. The blanket I knitted for my oldest son was so thick that everyone called it a bath mat:)