Thursday, November 25, 2010

1st Thanksgiving (picture overload)

This year I have SO much to be thankful for. 2.5 months ago I could not have imagined my life being any better than it already was. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I had NO idea just how rewarding it would be.

I am so incredibly thankful for my wonderful husband, my beautiful baby girl and all of our extended family. My parents, brother and all of the Warrens. They're not my blood family, but I really get homesick for them all the same.

I am so thankful to be the heck out of Elko :-) I love the Salt Lake City area and our new home. I'm really enjoying all the new people I've met!


Moving On...

This year I changed up our menu just a tad bit. I followed a couple of recipes from the same source.

Green Beans:
I normally hate green beans, but found a recipe I wanted to try instead of green bean casserole. It turned out GOOD. Like I actually had two helpings. I normally never finish the first! I made the dish with fresh green beans and shallots.

Cranberry Sauce:
Then I wanted to try making cranberry sauce from scratch instead of buying jellied in a can. It turned out omg yummy!

I always make the gravy and this year it turned out the best, imo.


Dinner Rolls
:
I made the absolute easiest dinner rolls ever, which was a bad idea since I seem to be addicted to them.







I took a million pictures since it's Jocelyn's first Thanksgiving! They're totally in random order. I had to include all of the last 3 because they were so cute :) She's such a happy girl!
















1 comment:

Liz said...

you look FAAAABULOUS!

dinner looks great too! good job =)