Sunday, April 11, 2010

Haircut, Compliments of My Husband!!

I think I've mentioned how this pregnancy has turned me into a cheapskate. I've become very money conscious, something I have never ever ever been in my entire life. I don't think I've ever even checked the bank account before I went out and spent money. However; this baby is doing all sorts of crazy things to me.

So. Now that I've explained that I'll tell you my story. :-)

I have been HATING my hair since it started growing out. It's growing out in all crazy chunky layers, due to the short style I had a few months ago. So I decided that if I just had an inch cut off the bottom (one layer) it would help even out the layers at least a tiny bit. And then I decided (as much as I normally LOVE going to the salon) that I didn't want to spend a ton of money just to have an inch trimmed off the bottom.

Then I had this great idea that my husband could do it!!! I mean come on, he's a grown, intelligent man who doesn't want his wife to look stupid so he should be able to handle cutting a mere one inch in a straight line right?

Well, not so right. For one, he wanted NOTHING to do with it. I had to make him to do it. lol Then he kept angling the scissors and cutting higher and higher and after he finished, realized one side was quite a bit higher than the other. So we spent all evening straightening it out and 3 inches later I actually ended up with a decent do. Not anywhere near what I had in mind and I was starting to fear I was gonna end up at the salon afterall. :-)

I know, I'm crazy. I'm blaming the pregnancy hormones!! lol

But here are the results. He's pretty proud of himself!



Oh yeah, and that is a 19w2d bump.

1 comment:

Liz said...

awwww...the haircut and the baby are looking great!