Thursday, May 6, 2010

23 weeks and Nesting

The baby has been kicking up a storm! I wasn't sure that I was ever going to get used to it. Every time she kicks I'd yell out with an "Oh!" which was really embarrassing in public. :-) lol But she startles me! I am finally getting better at that and am getting used to the constant flutters and movement. It's really pretty awesome :-) I do still yell out when it's a big giant kick though :-)

It's amazing how connected and bonded you feel to your baby after the kicking really begins. I am already SO in love with this child, that I get teary eyed thinking about it. It's truly amazing how my heart has grown so immensely and she is not even here yet! I can't imagine how intense that love will be when I see her for the first time.

I know a lot of people swear by the excitement of surprise, but I feel like knowing the gender of this baby actually adds to the connection I feel to her. I can just picture this little baby girl in there!

SO. I have been nesting. Big time :-) lol Our house is a huge disaster. I'm a slob. I'll admit it. The first step in moving on is admission right? :-) I was in denial for years, but I have to be honest with myself. I'm a slob. I just DID NOT inherit those immaculate clean genes from my mother. And oh do I wish I had! Anyway, my motivation has kicked into high gear! I've been doing serious deep cleaning, purging, making room and it feels good! Not the actual cleaning part, that part still sucks and now that I'm pregnant it's a lot harder to reach up high and down low and at the end of a few hours my back is killing me. But getting so much accomplished feels really good. Getting everything organized and giving everything a home, especially my kitchen. We have a Great Room house plan. Part of me loves it because I can still be involved with whatever is going on in the rest of the house while I'm cooking. You know especially around the holidays. However; the other part of me hates it. The kitchen is always the messiest room in our house (we just don't have enough cabinet space for everything, imo) so when the kitchen is messy the whole house looks messy. Even though it may already be. ;) My solution? BIGGER HOUSE!!! :-) haha

I think this is Mike's favorite part of the pregnancy :-) lol. The nesting. Me actually cleaning. It's probably a pretty funny sight to him :) BUT, I still have a TON to do. Last night I was moving stuff around (just little things!) and decided I needed a short break. I plopped on the couch and laid in Mike's lap and just like that, I burst into tears! Mike hasn't quite figured out what to do with me when I'm having a moment, usually he doesn't mean to but ends up making me laugh. That and realizing how ridiculous I am :) Anyway, I was crying because I was overwhelmed and started wailing about how I'm never going to get everything done and how there's not gonna be enough room for the baby, etc. Mike says "The baby is gonna be pretty little, I think she'll find room." lol

K back to work!

Here's my 23 week picture. It's a little easier to see the belly in the black top.



No comments: