Monday, January 30, 2012

Round 1 of Results

Before I get into more medical stuff...I just wanted to say how very grateful I am to the MANY MANY positive, encouraging family & friends I do have.  I didn't mean for yesterday's post to turn into a cry out for praise or attention (I'm a little embarrassed at how many people responded w/ such great encouragement b/c it wasn't my intention).  I was genuinely hoping that it may draw the attention of the select few with negative comments/tone and would perhaps bring them to realize that there is more to every story than meets the eye and therefore see that their ridiculous judgment is uncalled for.   However, the judgmental and snooty will always be judgmental and snooty.  

Round 1 of Jocelyn's test results came back today.  Everything came back normal!  Is it silly that I was relieved, though not surprised and yet frustrated all the same? =)  Obviously I don't want there to be anything wrong with her, but it would be nice to have a name for whatever it is that we're experiencing.  I keep thinking that there's nothing seriously wrong with Jocelyn and fully expect everything to turn up normal in test results.  I just feel that she has to have some sort of food allergy (I'm sorry, let me correct.  I apparently use the word "allergy" too loosely though I merely repeat Dr. speak. Let me clarify that sensitivity or intolerance is not nearly so horrible as an allergy.  What we're experiencing is of no significance at all.)/sensitivity that's causing this horrible cycle of tummy aches and diarrhea.  The other night she kept waking and crying while rubbing her tummy, so then it was OBVIOUSLY her tummy bothering her as if the 24/7 diarrhea didn't speak for itself.  I just wish there was some known cause so that maybe we can treat or prevent her discomfort.  It just makes me sad and frustrated that we haven't figured it out yet.  A cousin of mine has enlightened me, explaining that there are several diseases that run in the family all tummy related.  I'm crossing my fingers that it's none of those (it just doesn't seem serious so much as a constant annoyance) and maybe just a food allergy she'll grow out of.  I just started keeping a food diary for her, so maybe that will help me figure things out.  We do have that GI appointment on Friday, maybe that will be more successful.

I apologize if my posts, or I, come across as testy these days.  I'm just sick of people that don't have anything nice or supportive to say.  I realize I just need to let it roll off my back and ignore "friends" like that, but that's not an easy task for me.  So in the meantime, you get to listen to my snotty self ;) lol

And lastly, I really really want to thank my fabulous friends and family for being so amazing!!  You guys are seriously the best, local and long distance.  I love that the moms local get to see Jocelyn first hand and know the silliness I get the privilege of mothering :), and well are just awesome anyway!  Mommy friends (and non mommy friends & family) long distance always know the right words to say and it makes me super thankful for facebook/email/blogger to make it easier for me to bug you when I have questions, to make staying in touch so much easier!  I love all of you the same and miss those of you far away!  Thanks for putting up with my cattiness, I promise it's just a phase!!  (I think?)

No comments: