2008 was a pretty rough year. At least the last half was and I don't anticipate 2009 being much easier. It's been awhile since I've experienced this much physical, mental and emotional stress so its been a bit overwhelming for me.
It wasn't all bad, there were definitely some great times and memories in there and actually those moments tend to stick with me more than the negative. Which I consider a blessing because I know that's not normal :-) lol
Top 10 Craziest Happenings of 2008:
1) Experiencing an earthquake!!
2) My 1st Bruce concert with Mike.
3) Getting a new puppy! (Dolce)
4) Going to 2 huge motorcycle races with Mike.
5) Attended best friends wedding.
6) I chopped my hair off!!
7) Presidential Elections.
8) Got felt up by my APRN. ha!
9) Experiencing the new baby boom! Did you see all the new babies????
10) Mike getting his letter.
It's been a few years since I was serious about making a new year resolution. I just never follow through with them :-) I also normally keep them to myself because it can be somewhat personal but that makes it much easier to forget about. SO this year I'm announcing it to all my friends and family so that you all can help keep me accountable.
1) I want to be sweet again. I used to be a sweet-natured person. Something's changed and I'm not happy about it. :( I will make more of an effort to be kinder and more patient.
2) All while learning to say no and actually standing up for myself without feeling guilty about it. Learning how to kindly set my limits and not let others push me past them. That's a huge one.
3) I want to be more consistent with eating healthier and living a healthier lifestyle. Spending more time on the elliptical and taking time out for yoga/pilates. And to go hand in hand with that...I seriously want to shed some lbs!!
4) I want to be a better wife. That means being more loving and supportive. Managing the finances, staying on top of laundry and cleaning :-) Ugh. Nothing means more to me than making my husband proud.
What about you? How was your 2008 and what's your new resolution(s)?