Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Update

We went to see a new Pediatrician this morning to get a 2nd opinion. I'm SO glad we did it, I left feeling a million times better.

She looked up the lab results from the stool culture the other Dr ordered and saw that he didn't actually even have the culture done. In the exam room, he had listed off like 4 or 5 things he was going to have tested when actually they only checked for the common tummy virus. So our new pediatrician, handed me a kit to take more samples to finish the testing.

But that's not what made me feel so much better. She actually took the time to explain all the possibilities and started me out with a plan of action. She said if all the results are normal and it turns out nothing is working, we could see an allergist to do a skin test. She did say there was a possibility that she simply has "toddler's diarrhea" which has no known cause or cure. In that case we really would have to ride it out until she grew out of that stage. I can totally understand the need to "ride it out" if there is at least an explanation provided. At least she told me there was that possibility and at least it's an answer you know? I'm not paying a friggin Dr just to blow me off and dismiss my concerns.

We are switching to soy milk (which I actually did over the weekend) and cutting out all fruit juices. I guess there's a possibility she's having difficulty absorbing and digesting the milk protein and/or sugar in fruit juice. So that's where we are for now.

In other non-medical news:

It's SO funny to watch her copy and repeat the actions of other kids or even us adults. The other day, she saw me eating chicken and dipping it in sauce. She grabbed a piece off my plate and immediately dipped it in sauce before taking a bite! lol So funny because she had never done that before.

She figured out a new way to play with her puzzle mat today after watching the big kids put their faces through the round hole. :)

Poor little Asher from our baby playdates gets beat up regularly by Jocelyn. She wants to play so badly but she's just not super gentle! lol While it's kind of funny, I probably wouldn't be happy if it was my kid getting beat up. I try saying "gentle" and stop her before she gets too rough, but it's really hard to get a 10 month old to understand that. She doesn't know what she's doing and she just gets so excited!

OKAY!!! Birthday planning!!!!!!
OMG I'm so excited about getting to plan birthday parties! SO MUCH FUN!! It took me forever to decide on a theme and as unoriginal it is, I've settled on doing a ladybug theme. (You thought I was gonna say princess theme didn't you??! :D haha) I plan on making EVERYTHING. So I will keep you posted on the birthday party progress. Hopefully it'll go well.

I think that's it for now! We still only have 1 tooth and we've already conquered walking and climbing. I can't imagine what else could be next! lol

No comments: