Sunday, May 3, 2009

Army Wives

I don't know how many of you actually watch that show. I've only seen it a few times. "Army Wives" that is.

AND...once again I feel like I'm missing out. I know that the show isn't 100% reality, but it would be nice to have a local FRG. The unit Mike is attached to has one, but they're in Pennsylvania. Plus I've never gotten any information from them, but it is a National Guard unit, if that matters.

No one else really gets it like another army wife. I know our situation is only temporary, but there's some sense of unity with the military. Sense of community, camaraderie and pride. Something that I can't say I've found with railroad wives. Of course, it doesn't help that there's a huge age gap between me and all the others I've met to date.

I envy the relationships of military wives. :) That's it!

HOOAH!

1 comment:

Liz said...

OH MY GOSH

I completely feel you. I miss living on a base SO much more than I thought I would...especially with Mike deployed, it would be so nice for you to have someone else around who can either give you a hug or tell you to suck it up...and know exactly which one you need to hear at the moment!!!