Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wardrobe Re-Fashion

Now this is gonna be tough for me. Anyone that knows me, knows that I'm a shopaholic. Moving to Elko has been torture and only cost us MORE money for shipping and handling and return fees :-) See!? It's so much cheaper just to have a mall nearby :-) Plus, all the power shopping? I've said this a million times, and I stand by it. Power shopping = burning some serious calories!! Hello!! 3 inch heels with 10 (or more) lb shopping bags, and hitting what, 30+ stores?? Yeah, duh! That's way better than just walking a mile.

SO anyhow, I just took this pledge. :-)
2 month pledge

"I pledge that I will refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself for the term of my contract. I pledge that I shall create and craft items for myself with my own hands from fabric, yarn or other mediums for the term of my contract." For 2 months!!!!

AHHH, wish me luck. I think this would be easier if I didn't just break my sewing machine :-) ha! Oops.

2 comments:

Liz said...

um, that means no shopping for two months? girl.

i'm looking forward to what you come up with!

Sylvia - Mommy said...

Yes I know! I'm nuts. The girls at working are taking bets. They don't think I'll last more than 2 days :)
lol

It's a challenge