Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mmmm!

So this week its has been really hard for me to eat and swallow meat. And I'm not a huge veggie eater. So grilled cheese has been my friend. But today I had to be in town for an appt and suddenly decided a double cheeseburger from McD's sounded awesome. And holy moly was it ever!!!!!! lol

So now I feel guilty and decided we're eating healthy for dinner tonight. After spending some time reading another friend's blog I've been inspired to make Martha's Brick Pressed Sandwich. Mike's best friend's mom made it when we tailgated at the Bruce Concert. Course, they're vegetarian so there was no meat.

Martha's Brick Pressed Sandwich


-Begin with a ciabatta loaf or some other rustic Italian bread. (I just used good ol french bread since we afterall just in Elko!)
-Remove and discard the center of bread.
-Spread olive paste on the bottom half.
-Lay on roasted red bell peppers, fresh goat cheese, and marinated artichokes. -Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
-Lay on prosciutto and salami, and drizzle again with balsamic vinegar.
-Top with herbs (basil, cilantro, and parsley) and top half of bread.
-Double-wrap in baker's parchment or plastic wrap. Secure wrapped sandwich to wood cutting board with twine. Place a brick or a cast-iron skillet on top of sandwich for at least 1 hour to flatten (below left).
-Cut into slices and serve!

**Now you can use whatever the heck you really want to put on there. As I said, When our friends made this it was strictly vegetarian and they used fresh veggies from their garden.

I also found this

No comments: